Hourly Research Packages
I conduct research on Canadian (especially Ontario and Nova Scotia), British Isles (online), and American (online) records. All research packages deliver a professional research report that includes:
- A full family pedigree chart
- Family unit pedigree charts
- Individual and family group reports
- Narrative biographies
- Research summaries and suggestions for further research
- Record transcriptions
- Digital (and certified copies, if available) copies of records
- Full source citations for all information found
When all you need is someone local to access Ontario documents.
|$35 + HST and expenses|
|5 Hour Package|
Have a small project, like a biography of one ancestor, or need someone to help break through a brick wall?
This package is just what you need.
|$175 + HST and expenses|
|10 Hour Package|
This package is our most popular!
It is prefect for people who want all the work done for them and receive a full report at the end.
|$300 + HST and expenses (save 15%)|
Have you acquired a collection of documents and family records, or a half completed genealogy project from a relative and you don't know where to begin? I can make sense of the chaos and compile it all into a comprehensive report that will explain what you have, where it all fits together, and where you can go next in your family history project.
|$30/hr + HST|
Writing and Publishing
Contact us to discuss your project and get an estimate.
|Family history book||As an award-winning social history author, I can turn your family history research into a fun and interesting published book to share with your family and friends.|
|Family cookbook||The best way to pass your family's recipes down through the generations! The cookbook will include family recipes, pictures, and history to create a professional cookbook you'll be proud to use and share.|
A note on taxes and expenses
Taxes (HST) only apply to Canadian residents.
My contract requests a $50 expense budget to cover small expenses (see the explanation of expenses below), which will be added to the final bill, if used. Larger costs, such as translation, records costing more than $10 each, or travel expenses to outside of the GTA, will require your approval.
- Travel – Travel costs can include the cost of travelling to an archive or records repository or a research trip outside of the GTA. Any travel outside of the GTA will require your approval.
- Records – Although I make every effort to find records through means that are free to you, some records require an additional cost. Any expenses for records (including but not limited to: postage, photocopying, and the cost of the record itself) are charged extra. There is no extra charge for record transcription.
- Translation – If I have to get a record translated into English, this may come with an additional charge, which will require your approval.
Packages require a retainer of 50%. Payment methods include PayPal, cheque, or money order. Once a contract has been signed, sales are considered final.
Interested in proceeding? Fill out this contact form to have Vintage Lives Genealogy begin to research your family’s history!